I currently provide mental health counseling at two community colleges and clinical supervision in a variety of settings (See “Supervision Experience”).
- First position as an MSW was with Orange County Adult Outpatient Mental Health (similar to L.A. County’s Department of Mental Health)
- Mental health counselor at community colleges for 15 years.
- Clinical supervisor at agencies that required DMH and Medi-Cal compliance.
Children and Family Services and Child Abuse Prevention
- Second position worked for Orange County Social Services Agency in the Child Protective Services Department (similar to DCFS).
- Have also worked for private non-profit agencies focused on child abuse and domestic violence prevention and treatment.
- At one such agency provided family preservation services to DCFS involved families, had frequent contact with county social workers at multidisciplinary planning meetings, and was involved in coordinating Wrap Around services.
- As a result of the above, am familiar with the courts and with county child protection systems, protocols and reporting requirements.
- Worked in the Adoptions Division for the majority of my time with Orange County Social Services Agency.
- Conducted adoption home studies for two private adoption agencies.
- Field Education Instructor (Liaison) for three years at California State University Long Beach and one year at California State University Fullerton.
- Social Work Program Director and classroom instructor at Concordia University in Irvine for three years.