I have supervised at least 18 ASWs and 13 AMFTs, as well as over 30 MSW Interns, 12 MFT Interns, and five BSW Interns in the following settings:
- Domestic violence prevention and treatment focused family service agency (Assistance League, Hollywood)
- Private family practice (Turning Point)
- Shelter home program for abused children and their mothers (The Eli Home, Anaheim)
- Community college Student Health Centers—mental health component (Los Angeles Southwest College and East Los Angeles College)
- Substance abuse treatment facilities (various locations, Orange County)
- Community mental health centers, one focusing on victims of crime (The Gary Center, La Habra, and La Vida Counseling Center, Santa Ana)
- Health care organization (Molina Healthcare, Long Beach)
- Prison-based program training inmates to be drug and alcohol counselors (various locations, Southern California)
At each site I have helped those I supervise to put theory into practice by integrating their academic training into their field and early professional experience.
I have completed both of the 15-unit continuing education courses required to supervise ASWs and IMFs. As part of my required continuing education units I have chosen to take multiple additional workshops on supervision.